Peace of Mind - How To Plan
your own funeral is an important way for you to ensure that the service happens
exactly as you would like it wish. It can also significantly reduce the levels of
stress endured by your friends and family after your passing, as they are informed how to proceed.
of the components you may want to address as you begin funeral planning for
is when friends and family have time to sit peacefully with their loved one. It may happen
in our funeral home, your house of worship or other appropriate venue.
Visitation or Wake
visitation or wake is a time to gather to celebrate the life of a
person who has passed. This gathering is an important part of the mourning
process, and allows friends and family members to provide comfort to one
funeral itself is a ceremony that occurs in any place of worship, funeral home or other venue. The deceased is present, either in an open
or closed casket. We are here to help you create
the service as it best fits YOU.
A Memorial Ceremony
memorial ceremony is another alternative if you are not comfortable
with the idea of a formal funeral service. Memorials can happen even a few
months after the person has passed, and the deceased is not present. The memorial
service is a place for family members and friends to commemorate the life and
accomplishments of the person who passed. Various people can eulogize the
deceased and explain what this person meant to them.
to consider for all services:
- The location of the gathering/service
- The type of service
- Who should be invited
- Who should facilitate the ceremonies
- Who will speak
- Whether the deceased will be present, and whether the casket will be open or closed
- Any specific jewelry or clothing you would like placed on your body
- Who will serve as pallbearers (when necessary)
- Whether you would like a special picture or other items displayed with you
- Any special readings or music that you would like featured
- Whether you will ask survivors to send donations to a charity of your choice
- Information about special music, readings, refreshments, and other details
surviving family members and friends will take comfort in knowing that they are
executing your final wishes exactly as you had desired. You can relax
knowing that the arrangements with Roller Funeral Homes will be handled in a way that you find appropriate and "With All Our Respect".
Us for further assistance. Our Roller Pre-Planning Consultants will
work with you to plan every detail.